Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Do your asset allocation, and then you can pick your funds. But looks like you have some respectable choices here.
Any of the large caps you have would work. I use Vanguard's Equity Income myself. Then you've also got Vanguard's Small Cap index for small/mid caps.

Now add international & fixed income.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Here are the things I would look for in a mutual fund:

• Expense ratio under 1, under 0.5 even better.
• Turnover ratio under 50%; under 20% even better.
• Management tenure over 10 years; the longer the better.
• Solid 5 or 10 year performance history; demonstrated ability to perform in a variety of economic development conditions.
• Morningstar rating of 4 or 5.

Fuskie
Who will be looking to roll over his former employer's 401k and Roth 401k to a Traditional and Roth IRA in the next month...
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here are the things I would look for in a mutual fund:

Thanks Fuskie!
No. of Recommendations: 2
You're welcome! If you're looking for income, add in a dividend check as well. You can find most of this information on the Morningstar page for the fund, along with the % of the portfolio in cash (lower the better so more of your money is working for you), asset allocation (look for too much of your funds funds in large cap, small cap or mid cap), and risk factor (the more risky, the more possible you will get strong gains, but equally the more possible you'll lose your shirt).

I apologize - I inadvertently left off my disclosure in the previous post. Here it is.

Fuskie
Who sometimes forgets to copy it in when he's on the iPad...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Titan International (TWI), Intuit (INTU), Time Warner (TWX)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)