Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am a relatively new investor in that while I have owned stocks for the past couple of years I sold stocks for the first time this year .. some losses and some pretty significant gains (my company was purchased by another company (cash) and I was forced to sell a large number of shares all at once). I also have some investment expenses such as margin interest expenses and the cost of investment newsletters.

I am trying to determine if I need some assistance from a professional to help with my tax strategy as it relates to purchase/sale of stocks for 2005 and beyond. I understand that the answer to this question will depend on the individual, but curious if anyone has anyone has any general comments/suggestions. I am in the Stamford Ct. area if anyone has any suggestions in terms of tax professionals.

Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.