Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Assuming you want to keep your Vette in stock configuration, and don't drive it all that much, I'd suggest the racing gas, and maybe an HEI distributor. Then experiment with carb tuning and ignition timing.

RE: "valves seem to clatter a little"

My 69 is a Road Runner and after the new vaccuum advance and some distributor and carb tweaking, it's running a lot better. I've put a few tanks of premium throught it and it likes 93 octane better than 87.
The mechanic took it up to 120 and got rubber in three gears, since then, it's pretty smooth, except at idle it loaps a little. The car had been literally out in the pasture since 96 until last fall. The sun ate up the top of the back seat so I had the seat and the back window shelf fixed.
I've put a master cylinder, wheels cylinders, points, condenser, cap, plugs and wires in it and four tires. The old tires had dry rot on the side walls. It still needs some body work but its a good daily driver for now.

Tigerman

Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.