Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
This may not seem like that big of a thrill to you high falutin' computer literates around here, but it is to me. You may find this amazing in its ignorance, but here's what happened...

I linked to that thing OB put up about "the last page of the internet". I thought it was funny as hell so I went to send it to my girlfiend's e-mail, and that's when it happened. I went to hit the "send" button at the top of the keyboard when I accidentally hit a button titled "info". In the 2 1/2 years I have had webtv I had NEVER hit that button, and had no interest in it whatsoever. After all, what kind of "info" would I need on a page I was already staring at? Well, up popped the url for that page (I swear I DID NOT KNOW how to find a url until that moment, let alone how to send one). I always wondered how you people set up those things and had always wished I could've done it myself. Check it out. In about 2 years of posting to the Fool I have not ONCE put a link up to anything anywhere because I always assumed that webtv didn't have the capability. And I've wanted to do it literally dozens of times. Is THAT a milestone???

Anyway, I hit that "info" button and up popped the url and it had a familiar look to it. I went back to Oblood's post and there it was. The exact same lettering I'd just seen. Like I said, this ain't no thrill to you folks, but I almost jumped ot of my pants!

Within the next 5 business days this Fool will post his very first link to something else and get the thrill of his life out it. And you'll be sitting there unfazed and wondering what kind of ignoramus you've been dealing with for the last 2 years.

CLP (who's so thrilled he's going back to get a webtv manual to see about that "copy and paste" thing....whatever the hell THAT is)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.