Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
At any rate, there is a company called Graduate Leverage. They do loan consolidations and offer some nice benefits that other lenders don't offer -- like a guarantee to never resell your loan. They recently contacted me with the news that they have introduced private loan consolidation. I don't know yet how it will work out, but I'll keep you posted.

Based on your post I asked Graduate Leverage for a quote. They came back with pricing for 2 companies who they say would save me money. The other 6 would not save over what I am paying through Access Group on my private loans now. All of the rates are still variable based on LIBOR and Prime, depending on lender.

Graduate Leverage's suggested lender offers 30 year repayment, residency deferral (up to 48 months), military deferral (up to 36 months), 0.25% rate reduction for electronic payment and no prepayment penalties.

I'm not sure that I will be taking their offer as my private loans are bring snowballed right now and the offer does not decrease my interest rate that much (not worth the hassle) and the loans will be paid back in less than 2 years, but others may find it advantageous, especially if a longer repayment term is desired.

Dawn

Dawn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.