Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
At this point, you can not negotiate anything.
You have made a legally binding aggrement with dealer
to buy the car at the agreed price. You must take
delivery of car, unless it arrives with a major,
unrepairable defect. Even then, the dealer can order
another one, and you are obligated to buy it.

If its really a high demand car, the dealer will just
tell you to take a hike, and sell it to someone else.
If its not really high demand, you bought it.

This is one reason why I never order cars. I always buy off the lot. If I don't like the way car runs on test drive, I can just pick out another one. It's cheaper to buy off the lot also. Dealers want to move inventory on the lot, and will offer better price.

Also, If you order a car, you should be sure that contract includes a delivery deadline. If there is no deadline, you could wait for months before car arrives, and you have no recourse.

Price of high demand cars is rarely negotiable. Consider yourself lucky if price is not too much higher than MSRP.
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.