Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think the ATHM Network will include replicator servers that will be continually updating the high traffic internet sites on its servers. When an @Home customer calls up a site it should be down loaded very fast because it is not subject to the traffic upstream. I don't have a link to this factoid, but I am sure I read it somewhere.

I don't know if ADSL systems will use this trick or not but I think it will be available to ADSL systems as well.

Why is Gates investing in satelite technology? Because he is one of the few people that can afford the gamble. Not many people can roll the dice with that much money on the table. His hedge bet is to own land based networks too. There are alot of unknowns in satelite technology. The facts (and the signals) are a lot clearer on the land based networks such as cable and ADSL.

The network that gets the widest coverage first will likely be the big winner, such as AOL is in the narrow band world. Right now ATHM is the front runner and it looks like they will be ahead into the first stretch. Now we wait till they round the bend into the back stretch. Unlike horse racing, in the stock market we get to bet while the race is being run!

Long ATHM, T, CSCO,
LuxSit

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.