Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Help! After reading the dueling fools re ATHM, I too am concerned about ATHM getting left out! Does ATHM just supply the fiber optics for the cable industry? If so, how does this fit in with TCI? Diff. parts of the country? U can see i am in the dark on all of this. I own ATHM so therefore concerned. Donnbill@aol.com
Print the post Back To Top
Help! After reading the dueling fools re ATHM, I too am concerned about ATHM getting left out!
Does ATHM just supply the fiber optics for the cable industry? If so, how does this fit in with
TCI? Diff. parts of the country? U can see i am in the dark on all of this. I own ATHM so
therefore concerned. Donnbill@aol.com

This deal sounds GREAT!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Time Warner is a major player in "Roadrunner," the only real threat to ATHM in the cable modem business. I recall that AOL was trying to work out a cable access deal with Roadrunner when their efforts with ATHM fell short. This would appear to "pull the rug out from under AOL." If they want cable, they gotta come to us... *Hopa, hopa, hopa :-0* (Man I hope I right on this!!)

Ed
"....Does ATHM supply fiber-opics?..."...don't even start that now...do your research before posting olease...RAT!
Does T already offer phone service thru ATHM? If not why not,? This should be a given since athm is T's baby.
the mataburro
>Does T already offer phone service thru ATHM?

Mataburro,
I don't know about AT&T but TCI offers pnone service over cable right now. I'm not positive it VOIP but I'm assuming it has to be.
Thanks all of you for your input; Now lets ask Jeff Fischer and Chris Rugaber from the Fool their take on this. How about it guys?Donnbill@aol.com
So who is the real winner in all of this? AT%T?
IMHO,They're all going to prosper with these deals since their business structures are not the same. AT&T concentrate on Local and Long distance telephone service, TWX provide the cable lines to make AT&T bussines plan possible and ATHM is on connectivity to the internet. So, the deal creates a one stop service or offer a one package deal to consumers. IMHO,the future of the internet is to create a service where people are able to communicate to each other by means of voice, data and video and these deals are making it all possible. Any thouhgts would be appreciated.Fool on.....DP.
....and let's add the content that Excite provide once the ATHM and EXCIT deal go through. Oh boy,what a service......Fool on...DP.
Donnbill wrote:

Thanks all of you for your input; Now lets ask Jeff Fischer and Chris Rugaber from the Fool their take on this. How about it guys?Donnbill@aol.com

Donnbill,

Did you look at trenchrat's post at all? Do you really want to bother the Fool's Fools with a topic simply because you posted it? Why don't you take a deep breath and relax?

AT&T obviously wants to offer phone service over cable anywhere it can.

TWX is the cable service owned by Time Warner.

RoadRunner is a competitor of @Home, but in mutually exclusive markets. It is kind of like Time Warner's equivalent of @Home for their TWX markets.

TWX would benefit from offering phone service in addition to other (e.g. Cable TV, ISP) services. AT&T would benefit from this, too.

This is nothing to lose sleep over. Go back to sleep, there'll be another story to bother the Fools with tomorrow...

nole1
I wouldn't worry too much, so long as you own some competitors to ATHM. I mean, you're an AOL user, yourself.

T is definitely a very nice stock. I can't think of too many other Dow stocks that are so techy. And to think it was once a Dog!

Washu! ^O^