Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I dont know if anyone on the board has come across it but I picked a brilliant little programme called Atomica. It is a sort of on-line dictionary plus that runs in the background with a small icon on the bottom of the menu bar. When you want to find out what an acronym means you simply hold the ALT key down and put the cursor on the word or acronym you want to query and up pops a list.
As an example FC asked about etf's - I had a memory blank for a while but simply asked Atomica what it stood for - here is the list it came up with :-
Early Termination Fee
Education and Training Factor
Electrical Time Fuze
Electronic Target Folder
Electronic Test Facility
Electronic Trip Fare
Emergency Task Force
Encrypted Transmission Failure
Engine Test Facility
Engine Torque Factor
Enlage To Fit
Environmental Technology Factor
Environmental Test Facility
.......and last but not least there was FC's Exchange Traded Funds

Here's the link if you want to download the programme - I find it best to have it sitting in the background. This the home page - simply download a small programme.

http://www.atomica.com

Somethings else I've found useful and that is to duplicate the TMF window. When someone posts a link to say, a chart, it is annoying to have to close TMF and then access the chart or site you want to check up on.
There are two or three ways of doing this but this is the mehtod I use.
If you hold down the Shift key and press N you will get a duplicate window appear which overlays the original. You can then go to the site you want to visit and when finished minimise the duplicate window leaving the original one on the screen. If you have to go to another site then maximise the minimised one and do the same again.
Saves time and effort.
Regards
Harmy

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.