Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Attention all you minivan drivers. See that little car behind you? That's me. It's called a MLC (mid-life crisis) car. I can go pretty damn fast in a straight line - even though I "only" have a 1.6 litre normally aspirated engine. And it corners like it's on rails. That's why I'm driving kind of fast. Especially because with only 2 seats, no kids and a tiny boot I can only carry minimal luggage so there's no ballast weight to slow me down.

I like riding on your rear bumper. It might remind you to move over & let me past. Plus I like the fact that your kids are drooling out the back window at my "cool car". But take your time, that's OK.

Unless we're on a scenic bypass to highway 101 through the Redwoods in Northern California. If you want to get from one place to another, stay on the main road. This one is for going fast round twisty bits. Get over it.

Primm <=== hasn't had a vacation in a year, & is a little jealous of anyone who has right now.

PS - I like that you admit you'd prefer to be driving my car than yours. How old are those kids again? ;-)

*You know this is (mostly) tongue in cheek, right?*

Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.