Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
http://aolboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16782144
I have offered to pick Charlie up from the airport. Perhas we can meet for coffee?

Kath
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Coolest! I should be well rested and ready to go... just let me know when and where!

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am picking Charlie up at the airport. Not sure of time yet. Charlie is staying downtown so I thought we could meet up somewhere close to his hotel (not sure of that either)for coffee. Anyone know of coffee places downtown?

Kath
I am picking Charlie up at the airport. Not sure of time yet. Charlie is staying downtown so I thought we could meet up somewhere close to his hotel (not sure of that either)for coffee. Anyone know of coffee places downtown?

Well, there is practically a Starbucks on every corner, but we could do something different for interest... The LoDo Tattered Cover has a coffee shop on the first floor, Common Grounds has a location on 17 and Larimer, I think; The Market is in Larimer Square and is quite fun. Of course, with all of these, there is the parking issue...

- Anne
>>Well, there is practically a Starbucks on every corner, but we could do something different for interest... The LoDo Tattered Cover has a coffee shop on the first floor, Common Grounds has a location on 17 and Larimer, I think; The Market is in Larimer Square and is quite fun. Of course, with all of these, there is the parking issue...

- Anne<<
Anne, all great ideas. I've never been to to the Lodo Tattered Cover, so that would be my first choice.
Kath
Are you gonna try to be there??
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anne, all great ideas. I've never been to to the Lodo Tattered Cover, so that would be my first choice.

Are you gonna try to be there??

I wouldn't miss it! The LoDo TC it is. Will you post an ETA later in the week when you get things nailed down with Charlie?

- KK
>>Will you post an ETA later in the week when you get things nailed down with Charlie?

- KK<<

His flight arrives at 6:14. By the time we get his baggage (and assuming flights on time)I would think we'd be downtown around 7:30ish? I will find out if he wants to check in at his hotel first.

Kath
His flight arrives at 6:14. By the time we get his baggage (and assuming flights on time)I would think we'd be downtown around 7:30ish?

----------------

Hwy Kath, are you going to post the time and where? I am stil way unfamiliar with town and will more than likely get lost anyway...

CaveGirl
<will be there>
Hwy Kath, are you going to post the time and where? I am stil way unfamiliar with town and will more than likely get lost anyway...

CaveGirl
<will be there>

I will most certainly do so!

Kath
gonna kinda be like a girls night out thang??
Kath
gonna kinda be like a girls night out thang??

-----------------

Yeah

<laughing>
Charlie will be staying at the Hyatt downtown. It is only about a mile from Tattered Cover. I would hazard an uneducated estimated time of arrival at before mentioned Tattered Cover to be........7:30ish-8:00ishpm.

Kath
give or take
Charlie will be staying at the Hyatt downtown. It is only about a mile from Tattered Cover. I would hazard an uneducated estimated time of arrival at before mentioned Tattered Cover to be........7:30ish-8:00ishpm.

Cavey - Do you want to meet up at the TC about 7:30 - 7:45? Kath, I can send you my cell phone number so you can keep us posted, if you think that would be helpful...

- KK
Hi KK,

Just let me know where the TC is and I'll be there... it's for Saturday, right? I'm getting my days messed up...

CaveGirl
KK-
Yes email me your cell number so in case things are running late w can let you know.
Kath
hope some of this cr@p melts off before tomorrow night
Just let me know where the TC is and I'll be there... it's for Saturday, right? I'm getting my days messed up...

Yes, it is Saturday -- tomorrow night.

The LoDo Tattered Cover is at 16th and Wynkoop, downtown. To get there, take I-70 to I-25. Take the 20th street exit (the one you take to get to Coors Field) and head toward downtown. You'll head under a couple of bridges and then hit downtown. The first street you hit should be Wynkoop, and I don't think there's a stop sign or stop light or anything. Turn right onto Wynkoop. (It's two way). Your best parking is probably at Union Station, which is like $10 on the weekends. TC is just across the street up toward the post office.

- KK
Okay... got the directions and a cell phone in case I get lost... thanks for the info and looking forward to seeing you all Saturday!

CaveGirl