Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
After that last bee-sting of a post I figure it's time to pour a little honey on the board.

I was recently building a model ship (something I do with pride and passion) and was running into a problem I'd never quite been able to solve. Then I recalled that catfyre was an artist, and that maybe she'd somehow have a solution. So, on a whim I e-mailed her with an explanation and solicited her help. At this point I expected either no reply or something like "I'm not into ships, sorry." But what I got back was a suprisingly complete and lengthy explanation on exactly what to do and how to do it. Not only was I dazzled at her intimate knowledge of artwork, and her apparent experience in many areas, but I was pleased as punch that someone like her would take time out of her day to go into the detail that she did to help a struggling ship builder. Oh, and what she told me to do worked like a charm!

So I thank you again, cats, but this time in a public forum. A forum where other Short Busers might find it nice to know that a helpful person like Jan walks among us.

Sincerely,

Patrick Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.