Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Print the post Back To Top
No mystery - the source for this is the BArron's article this month.

Almost everybody thinks it's B.S. - Let me ask you this - Do you really think VerticalNet is going to run out of money in 2 months and go out of business?......
I do not follow or own VERT.. That aspect of the article did not produce any heartburn for me. How about you? wbley
No heartburn - it's bs...

I am not impressed with your documentation. The CFO of VERT went on CNBC to refute the Barrons accusation I see nothing of that nature from CYCH other than your comment of "bs"... Not impressed with your research. wbley
No, alot of this is just my opinion or gut feeling.

Since we have a free press, the press might say anything at anytime. If I were Cybercash, I would ignore them too. That's the kind of stuff (money situation) they cover with the analysts every quarter.

As a matter of fact, the first time I heard this issue brought up was at one of the conference calls. Ulric Weil of FBR asked about it about 2 quarters ago. He the very same analyst who now says they have a strong model and everything should be fine....
From the people that wrote the Barron's article:

"Some are on the path toward profitability," he said. "Many of the companies have returned to the capital markets for financing already this year, financing that has significantly increased their cash positions and in many cases will carry them to profitability."

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/stocks/fullstory.asp?Symbol=VERT&id=1381671
The CFO from VERT was on CNBC and refuted the article with respect to his company. wbley