Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Aurora Annual report shows that this company is one of the few biotechs well on track to sustainable profitability.

Revenue - while sales of services, instruments and intellectual properties will be sufficient to achieve profitability, future royalty payments will be the icing on the cake. The continuing stream of licensees (who have done their won DD) indicates the viability of the technology to me.

Penalties - delivery of the missing pieces of technology is expected in the second half of 2000. I believe the missing piece for the UHTSS is software integration, and, while unfortunate, a delay on software development is not unusual. Total amount of penalties is not known, but with the amount of money the company has in the bank it is not critical.

R&D spending - as explained in the annual report the decrease in spending occurred because expenses were shifted to customer funded programs, i.e. research as such did not decrease. Obviously, this is excellent for the cash position of the company.

All in all, things look very good for ABSC, especially for the second half of the year, when final pieces of the technology will get delivered to clients.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.