Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
13 people were shot in Austin last night. I couldn't find a single pro-gun response on Twitter. I've blocked a lot of people, but the crazies are staying quiet today. FWIW, witnesses said their are two or three police on every corner in the busy entertainment district where the shooting happened. More guns don't stop shootings, even if everyone were to be armed.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
just can't believe there's violence in America.

The culture is so sterling.

Just such a surprise.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Too early to see if the new legislation (no-permit carry) was a factor, but I certainly expect to see more and more shootings. Austin traffic is very bad and with the influx of employers (Apple, Tesla, etc.) it'll certainly get worse.

I was at a TxDOT (state transportation) open house I pointed out that their plan to increase the highway near me from 4 lanes to 6 wouldn't do any good. They would, I said, only be creating larger parking lot as their work didn't include addressing the major choke point (a half-mile stretch which includes three traffic lights and a RR crossing) nor the entry/exit traffic from the big high school stadium. Their answer - once past all the BS - was that TxDOT was there to build roads, not solve traffic problems.
No. of Recommendations: 0
TxDOT was there to build roads, not solve traffic problems.

Egads! So they hire only tacticians, no strategists?
Their answer - once past all the BS - was that TxDOT was there to build roads, not solve traffic problems.

Probably repeating what the Governor told them after they pointed out that fixing the chokepoint would be a lot cheaper thus not putting as much taxpayer money in the pockets of the Governors friends.
Probably repeating what the Governor told them after they pointed out that fixing the chokepoint would be a lot cheaper thus not putting as much taxpayer money in the pockets of the Governors friends.

You got it. Texas is one of the world's largest banana republics. It is run of, by, and for the rich. If Austin had an extensive light rail network, electric trains don't burn oil & gas. If it doesn't please big oil or Southern Baptists, it mostly doesn't happen.
No. of Recommendations: 4
TxDOT was there to build roads, not solve traffic problems.

Similarly, you could say that ERCOT is there to ensure a consistent revenue stream for natural gas and not to ensure electricity delivery. It would be hard to refute that statement based on their actions.
No. of Recommendations: 2
For the right, every aspect of life is there to enrich the wealthy. If people choose not to be born wealthy, they should work hard as long as possible, stay out of the way of important people, and die quietly.