Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 20
Austin,
You are speaking both ways...
You say that your posts are not about Fastly but you circle back to 'My overarching point is that its been a quarter or two during a really crazy time...' i.e: Fastly.
Looks like you have really high conviction in the company. And you will hold as long as your thesis is intact regardless of whether SP is 134, 65 or 10. Power to you.

People handle their investments differently. For some, such as you, ~50% stock volatility seems fine, others may prefer a safer profile while expecting significant growth. Thats fine too.
Do you know what the demographics of this board and what each persons investing risk profile is?

I am a newbie here, don't know the cast of characters. But your comments make me wonder whether you are really concerned about people learning or you just want to stem the tide on Fastly.

Saul has a post about his 50th anniversary college yearbook write up. He says:
Having a good relationship is tremendously important. Relationships are never perfect, but in a good one you should have a feeling of satisfaction. If you feel tense, put down, or attacked most of the time, it's time to leave. It's the same for jobs. There is an inertial tendency to stay in a bad relationship or a bad job and to subconsciously think, "In my next time around, I'll be happy and live the way I want." There is no next time. Don't waste five, ten, or fifteen years. You don't get them back to live again. Do it differently now, this time.

To me, this applies to relationship with the companies/stocks you own as well.

- F8
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.