Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know of any Australian sites which are similar to Motley Fool?
Print the post Back To Top
*We* wish that *we* had the time money and thereafter the motivation to establish such a site.

The biggest single factor that is against us is the fact that we only have a population of 18 mil. Of these only 10% are computer - internet literate and the majority of these under 18 years of age and then only 65 use and read the Fool.

In US they have 260 million and the rest is history.
Thankyou for your reply. I'm not actually interested in setting up a site myself, but I would like to know if there are any Aussie Investment sites Fools could recommend. I've only found one other, its called egoli. It publishes stock reports from Shaw Stockbroking, but there doesn't appear to be much else of interest there - The message board looks very ordinary.

Foolishly
Alistair
In the *we* category I was referring to Aussies as a whole.

My point is that it is very difficult in Oz to get a continued support base in order to operate a "fool type' website.
not yet, but I am still looking. Let me know if you find one first.
Why not consider The Motley Fool “an Australian financial site”? I know that there is not a lot of Australia-specific content on The Motley Fool now, but if enough people in Australia become Fools, this could change. Does anyone have any idea how many Fools live in Australia currently?

JD
no idea. i believe 50, either way i put myself down as no 1 or no 2.

lance
sydney
Why not consider The Motley Fool “an Australian financial site”? I know that there is not a lot of Australia-specific content on The Motley Fool
now, but if enough people in Australia become Fools, this could change. Does anyone have any idea how many Fools live in Australia currently?

I do, and there's a few others on the AAPL board where I spend most of my time.

Now that it is said that 40% of Australian households own shares. 40% of 6 million is 2.4 million households, that is still alot of shareholders.

The unfortunate thing is that most of them are getting most of their information from the very Wise Paul Clitheroe ( who only recommends mutual funds that he gets a commission from) and others on the TV.

Maybe we don't need an Australian site just tell people that this site is here. A few people have become interested when I emailed the overview of the Foolish Four to them. They haven't committed yet but are watching my shares with interest.

After today more so.

Kevin