Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Hello everyone,

A few months ago I build an advanced spreadsheet for analyzing stocks using Google Docs. This spreadsheet retrieves data from several online sources (e.g. finance.yahoo, Google Finance), performs a DCF- and a P/E valuation, creates graphs and comes up with an analysis of the data plus a recommendation whether to buy the stock or not. But here comes the best part: 

It only requires you to input one variable: the ticker symbol!

This spreadsheet allows me to analyze 30 companies in the time it would normally take me to analyze one, and I want to share it with you. 

Click here for the Google Docs Value Investing spreadsheet 

You can only edit the first ticker sheet, the rest is locked. It is just to give you an idea and maybe inspire others. Value investing is not an exact science, so don't blindly buy a stock if 'the sheet says so'. Be sure to read the disclaimer on the final sheet.

Comments and ideas for improvement are certainly welcome!

p.s. this will probably get messy as multiple people fill in different tickers... hmm... exporting to Excel is not an option, as Excel does not allow the automatic harvesting of information from websites. We'll see how it goes.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.