No. of Recommendations: 2
...just kidding.

“And looking ahead to 2020, one reason I’m taking you seriously as a contender is because of your presence on cable news,” CNN host Brian Stelter told Avenatti in September.

What a difference 6 months can make.

Per the Federalist, in 2018, CNN gave Avenatti 107 live interviews. MSNBC came in a close second at 81. And this doesn't count the number of pieces in which Avenatti was the central character of a story. But then in November 2018 the cracks and fissures began appearing when he was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Since then, past 'clients' coming forward telling their stories has culminated in a total of 36 Federal Indictment charges and this doesn't include the multitude of charges pending in Los Angeles where his narcissistic sense of omnipotence saw him shaking down Nike for about $20,000,000. NIKE, who has virtually unlimited legal resources?!?!

The evidence here is overwhelming. But what does our CNN sycophant have to say in response?

"100% NOT GUILTY" he shouted to each count....

"For over 20 years, I have represented Davids vs. Goliaths across this nation in many courthouses just like this," he told a wall of cameras. "I am now facing the fight of my life against the ultimate Goliath, the Trump administration. I intend on fighting these charges and I look forward to a jury verdict in each of these cases. I am confident that when a jury of my peers passes judgment on my conduct, that justice will be done and I will be fully exonerated."

Of course, a superficial understanding of these charges shows they have absolutely nothing to do with Trump. So its easy just to write this guy off as a nut job with a severe case of self-importance. But his disease is likely much worse than a simple case of media addiction and falling in love with his reflection from the pond....this guy is a serious psychopath. Were this the year 500 AD, MA would have organized an army and be murdering his way across the country while his obedient image-building minions, the 500 AD version of CNN, would be heralding his ravaging as being done for the benefit of the common peasants.

Take a look at this definition from the psychopathawareness web site. It fits Avenatti perfectly. Kinda creepy, actually.

https://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/the-ps...

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.