Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
What is happening on the 2 flights that came from SA is why I haven't given serious thought to traveling overseas. While very rare, I'd rather not get stuck in a situation like that. You had hundreds of people stuck in various locations waiting to get tested and now 10%+ of them are being quarantined (I think the ones that tested negative could continue travel although that seems strange since they could easily test positive the next day if they have been exposed to it) in a foreign country.

Not sure who pays for the rooms/food and new travel arrangements but for me it would just be a stressful time. Hopefully none will get sick enough to require hospitalization which would add costs, etc. to the situation.

One day borders/flights are ok, the next day quick decisions are made and you get stranded somewhere. I'd love to visit Europe next year, maybe for Christmas markets if they have them but the situation needs to calm down a lot more for me to do that.

I've had my shots and go out to some places (restaurants, work) although I try to avoid places that get overly crowded or are more likely to have sick people (drug stores, grocery stores) but flying out of the country isn't something I'm comfortable with at this time. Maybe once I retire and spending an extra 2 weeks stuck somewhere wouldn't be a huge hindrance and instead would be an adventure :)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Not sure who pays for the rooms/food and new travel arrangements but for me it would just be a stressful time. Hopefully none will get sick enough to require hospitalization which would add costs, etc. to the situation.

The traveler pays. It is a good idea to have travel insurance when traveling outside your country.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I've had my shots and go out to some places (restaurants, work) although I try to avoid places that get overly crowded or are more likely to have sick people (drug stores, grocery stores) but flying out of the country isn't something I'm comfortable with at this time. Maybe once I retire and spending an extra 2 weeks stuck somewhere wouldn't be a huge hindrance and instead would be an adventure :)

Not an adventure is you are stuck in a hotel room.
No. of Recommendations: 1
We have a cruise booked for March 2022. It was deferred from March 2021 and booked in February 2020.

We are still planning on going. We have travel insurance and probably will also buy MedJet evacuation insurance. Starting to regret that I didn't take the offer to cancel without penalty when it was offered.
No. of Recommendations: 3
i>"Not an adventure is you are stuck in a hotel room."

That might depend on who is stuck there with you...
nudge, nudge, wink, wink
No. of Recommendations: 0
if not is

but you are right.