Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've been running a few of my screens and I am finding a number of companies with seemingly good valuation metrics. It is clear that technology and especially Semis are selling off, and they are popping up on my value screens in droves.

However, one that looked a little more interesting than most is AVX Corp. because it pays a dividend of 1.85%. There doesn't seem to be a lot of analysts tracking it, but the company has a market cap slightly more than $2B, with TTM income around $260M.

At current price, P/B is 0.96, P/S is 1.2, and P/C is 2.57. Additionally, the company has no debt at all, and the balance sheet shows $380M in cash and another $400M in short-term investments as of March. Their March MRQ liabilities are virtually non-existent, just $279M, only marginally more than their March MRQ net income of $244M, on more than $420M in revenue.

From the most recent 10Q, covering the period to June 30th, net sales increased to $436M, gross profit came in at $125M, with net income at $67.6M, giving them diluted EPS of $0.40, compared to $0.31 Q/Q.

I'm not an avid follower of their technologies, so I'm hoping others can chime in about the business prospects. I only honed in on AVX because of their quality financials and balance sheet. Back in June Zacks added AVX to their #1 rank strong buy list, which may be meaningless but shows at least one vote of confidence.

Does anyone in TMF or the Pro membership have anything good or bad to say about AVX?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.