Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

awallejr

I don't mess with options due to how confusing and complicated they are. 

Income stream is when I don't want the volatility of the market and just wish to live on that stream.  Their returns are not as great as stock picking accurately.

I do ignore analysts and the thousands of charts that will literally leave you dumbfounded and panicky at every movement.

MegaShort

I agree with what your saying about learning from super investors.  I think your quoting what they said which is great when your rich and become a sage to the rest of the world but it's not any different than when you go buy a car.  Make sure to get a deal and not a lemon.  I agree what they say does make you a better investor I am just clearing up to a understandability of real world application- car and a lemon.

awallejr,
, MegaShort

Mixed feelings is right.  The one thing I have noticed about stock buybacks is that the CEO-management are not able to come up with better ideas and therefore resort to what they learned in Business Class 101.  Which is when you don't know what your doing and your investors are screaming increase the dividend and announce buyback of shares.  AAPL lost it's mojo after Jobs and Tim Cook is no visionary, I see Apple's dominance coming to an end and losses will accrue, which at that time at their worst I will invest when they replace the CEO with a visionary. The point is buybacks and increasing dividends to me show lack of innovation in that company and their stocks will continue to loose value.

jiltin

See prior post. Thanks.

valuemoney

Thanks. If you don't speculate you hate yourself when you missed that next Google, or Apple. I remain steadfast in that pick a good one and limit yourself to a max of one to two.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.