Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Awwwh man,

After looking into this, it looks like for missing a $55 Proceed I'm gonna need to amend...

I filed early because I (really) need the return, the info from TT says to expect an 8-12 week delay if you file an amended return...

So, should I wait and see if I get my refund, then file/MAIL an amended return or should I just proceed to the amended return?

Again, the 1099-B is 'Cash in Lieu' transaction for $55. I have no capital gains to report, but have a significant Carry Over loss that I've been using for years...

I guess it would just be applied to my Carry Over, but I really don't know how to proceed..

thanks for any help...

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.