Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have to start using my brothers method of buying books. He enters the bookstore and just walks up to one of the people working there and asks them what he should buy. Usually he just asks what book they really like and gets that one.

He says this way he doesn't get into a reading rut. I told him once that I don't do that. He asked looked around my room and asked if there was a Heinlien book that I didn't own. "er, I think so". Then he grabed David Brin's "The Transparent Society". He then went off on some irrelevant tangent about how you didn't need to buy everything that an author writes.

Which is true, I could have done with out Kiln People. I did like the bit about the dating service at the end though.

Ford
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.