No. of Recommendations: 1
I got 11 bags of baby clothes back from my sister-in-law yesterday, and spent today sorting them into 0-6 months, and 6-12 months sizes. Then I washed the 0-6 months stuff, and further sorted it into newborn and 3-6 months clothes.

The 6-12 month stuff I'll wash when I am getting ready to use it. It's currently in bags in the back room until further notice.

The 3-6 months stuff I washed, dried, folded, and put into a bin to put in the baby's closet (currently Nate's room).

The newborn stuff I also put into a bin, and most of it was swaddle blankets, towels, and nursing stuff. Hardly any clothes at all. I'm hoping she has more that she hasn't found yet, because I know I gave her way more than that!

So with the kids' rooms, we are going to out Nate in Lily's room and the baby in Nate's room. The kids are excited about being in the same room, and we are trying to figure out the room layout and how we will fit all their stuff in one room given how much stuff needs to go into the baby's room. Even though I am working towards a more minimalist lifestyle, it's amazing how much baby stuff we have!

We are hoping to get the rooms combined between Christmas and New Year's so that we can have a few days to let the kids stay up half the night as they get used to sharing a room without us having to get up for work/school.

And at some point we have to get a new bed for Nate and set up his bed as a crib for the baby. We will probably get a twin bed for Nate and put a safety rail on the sides. And he wants Lightning McQueen bedding, too. And Lily wants Tinkerbell bedding.

Eventually, once the baby is sleeping through the night, the boys will share a room. But that will be quite a while!

In the meantime we have our work cut out for us, especially in the next few weeks....

Cassandra
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
I should add that I'm feeling rather driven to be basically ready for this baby's arrival by Christmas/ Ne Year's. Not sure why, but I was on bed rest with Lily, and it is very possible that will happen again since I'm having so e of the same issues. So I want to be as prepared as possible if I'm no longer allowed to do anything.

Cassandra
No. of Recommendations: 0
put into a bin to put in the baby's closet (currently Nate's room).

You must have gotten a lot of clothes, if your son's whole room is going to be the new baby's closet. Some parents...

;-)

Frydaze1
You must have gotten a lot of clothes, if your son's whole room is going to be the new baby's closet. Some parents...

Lol!

Yeah, right. Of course, that should have read 'The closet in what is currently Nate's room'. Picky, picky! ;)

Although, from what my SIL is like, Nate's room could very well end up being the baby's closet..... She's got a lot of stuff!

There are now three bins of clothes in the closet for the baby. Two of clothes, 0-3 mos. and 3-6 mos., and one bin of towels, washcloths, swaddle blankets. That is more of those items than we had for Nate and Lily combined! I'm sure I'll be sending many of them back to her unused.

Cassandra
No. of Recommendations: 4

;-)

It is a conspiracy.

Small children grow so quickly that they don't wear out their clothes. They frequently receive far more clothing that could possibly need as gifts from family and friends.

A new baby receives hand me down clothing and new clothing as gifts.

Some clothing is worn out or destroyed, but it seems like there is an every increasing snowball of used baby clothing.

(Resisting buying clothes for the grandkids, because they have more than they need. At least, DIL has friends with younger children. The snowball of outgrown stuff rolls on. )
I made lots of progress over the last few days getting the bedrooms and baby stuff ready for this next baby.

1) We bought Nate a new bed. Twin bed, three sets of sheets, a new comforter, wall stickers, etc. to make it feel like it really is his room, too. He loves it, and he and Lily both seem to like being in the same room together. They stayed up an hour later than usual last night, but they've been really good about staying in bed and going to sleep and staying in bed.

2) We got most of Nate's clothes and other stuff from his room into his and Lily's room. Moved a dresser from downstairs into their room for his clothes and we're making progress on combining their stuff into the room in a somewhat cohesive fashion.

3) I went through everything I've been given by various people and pulled all the excess. I had over a dozen hooded towels, tons of blankets, etc., so I pulled all the extras and all the extra clothes, and bagged it up to give back to my sister-in-law.

4) My friend who is having a girl said she will take the rest of the toddler clothing I have, no matter the size. Woooooo hooooooo! This is awesome since I still have 7-10 bags of girl clothes to get rid of.

5) Moved the La-Z Boy out of Lily and Nate's room and downstairs into the family room to make room for Nate's bed and stuff in the room. The chair will be nice to have in the family room, too, for sitting and nursing with the little one.

Add to that cooking and baking for Christmas, decorating, and having company since last Thursday, and we've been very busy!

We have more to do: put the toddler bed back together as a crib, turn the bookcase back into a changing table, and put away all the holiday decorations (next week).

I'm feeling almost ready for this baby to arrive, and I'm not due for another 10 weeks. I just hope I don't have him for at least 7 more weeks. :)

Cassandra
Couple more things done in preparation for this baby....

Gave my friend the rest of the girl clothiers this morning, and she gave me all her baby boy clothes. So we ended up swapping out about a dozen bags of clothes. My car was so full that I had to put bags in the kids' carseats! (The kids were in school.)

Bought three more bins for baby clothes, etc. I discovered that only one of the styles of bins I have will fit in that closet even though they all hold 18 gallons worth of stuff, they have slightly different external dimensions. And most of them are a smidge too big for this one closet.... Grr.... So I'm putting all of the other kids clothes into the bigger bins and moving the ones that fit into the baby's closet.

Still need to either register for or buy a few items that need to be replaced-a new diaper champ, a changing table pad, and a couple other inexpensive items. And my MIL is buying us three new carseats that we can fit into the backseat of my Prius, so we need to do that soon. Once we have those, I'll sell our current seats if I can.

Cassandra
And my MIL is buying us three new carseats that we can fit into the backseat of my Prius, so we need to do that soon. Once we have those, I'll sell our current seats if I can.

I gaze into the crystal ball, and I see a minivan in your future.

Nancy
I gaze into the crystal ball, and I see a minivan in your future.

Nope.

Maybe an SUV, but not a minivan. I just can't do it.

Cassandra
I went through 9 of the 13 bags of baby items I was given today. Sorted, folded, and put some into bins for various sizes, arranged to lend a friend the larger sizes for her baby, and pulled an entire garbage bag full of clothes to donate to charity. I would have done more, but I was in way too much pain to continue, so I'll work on it tomorrow.

Also went to the OB today, and she is concerned about a few things going on with me, so I have to do some more testing over the next few days. I'll be glad to have more information, and I also hope this will amount to nothing. Fingers crossed.

Cassandra
I went through 9 of the 13 bags of baby items I was given today

Reading this on the 29th at 7:30 a.m. Looked at the date on the post and thought 'Dayum! I'm in the same time zone as Casswoman and she's already gone through 9 bags of baby items? Wonder Woman more like it!" Then I saw the time stamp and realized you wrote it last night our time. You didn't fall off your pedastal in my mind, but it didn't grow as high.

pain...OB

Hope it all turns out okay. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

MOI
Lol!

I have been busy this morning, but not with the baby clothes! Breakfast, shower, and off to my ultrasound by 10. Ultrasound was okay, now to get the other test results back, which will be a few days.

I hope to get to the remaining four bags after the kids go to bed tonight.

Cassandra
I discovered that only one of the styles of bins I have will fit in that closet even though they all hold 18 gallons worth of stuff, they have slightly different external dimensions. And most of them are a smidge too big for this one closet

This. So annoying, as only a certain one will fit in the one shelving unit. Which limits what I can put on it. :(

Michele
Last night I finished sorting all the baby clothes by size, and I have way too much stuff in all the small sizes (up to a year). Next task is to pull out the cutest stuff and release the rest of it into the wild. Or give it back to my friends or to charity. :)

At least this part is not something I feel compelled to do this minute. It can wait a few days! My pelvis is none too happy, so I'll rest for a day or two and see if the pain diminishes, then tackle the clothes issue over time, starting with the smallest size. Then I have roughly three months to get to the next size.

Only two things remaining to do before this baby comes:

1) new car seats
2) put the toddler bed back together as a crib

We are pretty much ready!

Cassandra
The crib is back together!

Now to ask my MIL about those car seats....

Cassandra
No. of Recommendations: 5
Gordon just got back from six days at a conference in Vegas, so I haven't done anything to prepare for baby this past week or so. Plus, both kids are sick with some crud. Blah. That has been good for cuddles, not so good for getting anything done....

But my MIL did say to order the carseats, and I did that tonight. And then, somehow, this whole 'baby' thing felt even more real to me. As in, "Holy crap! I'm going to have three children soon!"

At least I'm ready now. For the most part. I think. :)

Cassandra
No. of Recommendations: 9
"Holy crap! I'm going to have three children soon!"

just remember- you are moving from a one-on-one to a zone defense...

peace & kids
t
The carseats arrived a couple of days ago, and my husband installed them today. Woo hoo!

The kids are over their crud. Too bad they gave it to me and I've now been sick for EIGHT days. Went to the doctor the other day and I have bronchitis and a sinus infection. Had laryngitis, too, but fortunately that is better.

I'd really like to be functional again, not to mention feeling human.

Cassandra