No. of Recommendations: 1
I've been building a new room in the basement as a Mary Kay studio for my clients. I'm moving my office down there, inventory, and needed a room full of new furniture - couch, desk, table, chairs, storage furniture. We built in as much storage as possible, but it's still not enough for everything acquired over my years as a consultant, so the purge is on.

I've been going through boxes of papers. I plan to purge about 99% of what isn't already in the studio and about 50% of what is. It's hard work! Luckily my office assistant isn't sentimental so she helps me be ruthless. And we agreed that I can't do large quantities at once - so it all got boxed up to clear the clutter and I can tackle one box or two a week. Once I'm through the paper, the rest will be easier (ie: "let's only keep pink ribbons and toss the rest"). I hope so anyway! My hubbie is hoping I'll also clear the walls - artwork, inspirational quotes etc - from the old office, and the kitchen. Not sure that's happening. Some comes down with me, but I'm trying to keep a minimalistic vibe in the new space. I guess once I decide that's finished, I'll revisit what I decided wasn't important enough to be in the new space.

Progress in baby steps.
TMFHunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.