Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Toys R' Us reopening?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/toys-r-us-back-fro...

Looks like the toy retailer may make a come back. Emphasis on the MAY!

After owning WMT for 40+ years and AMZN for 13+ years, I have developed a great interest in retail.

In some ways, too many in my opinion, AMZN is converting to an Ebay with most sales by 3rd parties, mostly small 3rd parties.

In many cases (most?) AMZN supposedly makes more money (or at least a higher ROI) when a 3rd party sells an item than it would if they actually sold the item.

I do not see how a specialized major third party retailer such as Home Depot, Toys R' Us, or even Barnes & Noble can't be competitive when it is AMZN and a small third party is the competition besides perhaps that AMZN doesn't have to make much money on retail as it can rely on AWS for its profits and cash flows.

Supposedly toy manufacturers are among the strongest advocates for Toys R' Us return to the market place. I see the biggest question is the how much would a Toys R' Us would sell online versus bricks and mortar?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.