Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
It struck me while skimming thru the GG again today that the market conditions which led to the PC explosion in the early 80s is getting ready to take shape again 20 years later with their handheld counterparts.

Palm with its Palm Pilot is clearly the most recognizable name out of the gate. But it's darn early and there are compelling alternatives. Microsoft of course. And Gateway made waves recently by announcing their device will use Transmeta's crusoe.

Nothing tells me there will be gorilla power here, but I predict one helluva tornado. The qtr over qtr growth in this marketplace should be astounding. I'd like to buy one too but I'm waiting for prices to fall and for quality to improve.

Anybody considering a basket of these stocks, with an aim at consolidating to the King or lead Prince?

DP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.