Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Living places a month at a time was sort of a goal in my early travels and I have managed it a couple of times. I now have a place for a month next June in a place I have been often(Orleans, MA). The place I stayed for a number of year was sold and the new owner wasn't renting so it has taken me a couple of years but I have hopes that the one for next year will work for awhile.

I did get to see it before renting(don't start me on Airbnb photos & descriptions). Strangely, even though this is a pretty small town, there are differences in areas and next year I will be back where I was most comfortable.

I like going back to a place that I enjoyed because it's different from where I live and it's relaxing to know where things are. Yes, I have a favorite bike shop and definitely eating places. I also see friends from the larger area when I am there along with my former landlady who became a friend.

I will be spending a month in Australia(thanks, AirNZ mistake fare) but much more of a survey course of Australia because I've never been. I will have a month in NZ including a week in Wanaka which I think may turn into a month place. The other place I really love in NZ(Okiwa Bay Lodge) is out of price range for a month but I am spending a couple of days there this trip - highly recommend it and include the dinner.

This year's Thanksgiving trip is London and Paris - taking the Eurostar from one to the other. Returning to Victoria late July for two weeks and may try to make my own self-guided bike trip to follow that.

Three work trips(which is all the work I have or want - about 8 paid days).

Sometime - Antarctica which is very pricey. And South Africa and on to visit friends who just moved to St Helena for 3 years.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.