Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Living places a month at a time was sort of a goal in my early travels and I have managed it a couple of times. I now have a place for a month next June in a place I have been often(Orleans, MA). The place I stayed for a number of year was sold and the new owner wasn't renting so it has taken me a couple of years but I have hopes that the one for next year will work for awhile.

I did get to see it before renting(don't start me on Airbnb photos & descriptions). Strangely, even though this is a pretty small town, there are differences in areas and next year I will be back where I was most comfortable.

I like going back to a place that I enjoyed because it's different from where I live and it's relaxing to know where things are. Yes, I have a favorite bike shop and definitely eating places. I also see friends from the larger area when I am there along with my former landlady who became a friend.

I will be spending a month in Australia(thanks, AirNZ mistake fare) but much more of a survey course of Australia because I've never been. I will have a month in NZ including a week in Wanaka which I think may turn into a month place. The other place I really love in NZ(Okiwa Bay Lodge) is out of price range for a month but I am spending a couple of days there this trip - highly recommend it and include the dinner.

This year's Thanksgiving trip is London and Paris - taking the Eurostar from one to the other. Returning to Victoria late July for two weeks and may try to make my own self-guided bike trip to follow that.

Three work trips(which is all the work I have or want - about 8 paid days).

Sometime - Antarctica which is very pricey. And South Africa and on to visit friends who just moved to St Helena for 3 years.
Print the post Back To Top
I also see friends from the larger area when I am there along with my former landlady who became a friend.

And those of us in the general area love the opportunity for a real face-to-face catch-up session!
No. of Recommendations: 1
This all sounds marvelous--I think the train trip is most appealing but it all sounds great. It must be a great feeling to look at your schedule and see all so much excitement and fun booked and waiting for you :-)

cm,
lover of itineraries
It must be a great feeling to look at your schedule and see all so much excitement and fun booked and waiting for you :-)

Almost - still working on the last few details. BTW, TodayTix seems to have things in many, many places.

Also, had the fun of Fools IRL this week - always nice !