No. of Recommendations: 131
Those of you with good attention to detail may have noticed this gem in Marjory's last MI Treasury Update:

..$425 for backtest.org..

Congratulations - the MI community now owns backtest.org for themselves! Due to "clarification" of company policy, my free employee account at Verio is to use only the resources of our mid-level offering, i.e. inadequate for a data cruncher like backtest.org.

Nyua to the rescue. I now have my own backtest.org box, currently at my house, but to be moved to a more stable situation in the near future. Since backtest.org takes hardly anything in the way of bandwidth, you shouldn't notice a difference in the meantime. The box itself is a touch higher performance than it was, though not quite the same quality - a good box for a hacker to run.

Thank you all who contributed, even if you didn't know you were contributing to backtest.org.

- Jamie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.