Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I came here to look for suggested high yield savings and one suggestion was AXOS Bank that offers a 0.6% interest on their savings. So I signed up and I connected (or tried to) my credit union so I could transfer money.

I got an email asking me for more documentation. Odd. Other institutions don’t have this issue but, ok. I’ll send them a PDF of my last statement.

They liked it and verified the connection was valid. So I entered to transfer money (a second time — the first time was removed when they asked for verification).

Next day, I get another email — identical to the first, asking me for documentation to prove I owned the credit union account. I got irate at that point but also sent them the same document that I had sent before.

I also entered to transfer some money. Later, I got to thinking about it and I had lost all trust in their ability to be responsible so I removed the request to transfer money.

The next day, I was verified for the second time and shortly after that, the money was transferred — after I had asked it not to be.

Well, I say transfer but actually it wasn’t. The transfer was over 24 hours ago. My credit union was debited over 24 hours ago yet the money has now shown up in the AXOS account. Isn’t this illegal?

Contrast this with Fidelity. I requested to transfer money. They show it in my Fidelity account before it has even hit my credit union account

I plan to transfer the money out of AXOS as soon as possible and close the account.

The other bad thing is they obviously have support over seas and so the message exchanges are replied to at 2 a.m.. Thus, there is one exchange per 24 hours.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.