Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, I did it. I went against everything I've been taught thus far by my fellow fools, went against my own advice, the advice of others, and broke my very own promise to myself. Psychology COMPLETELY got the best of me.

Aterian. I started out with about 1% of my port into it and ultimately ended up with close to 3% by the time I was finished. The stock just kept going down, and down, and down. The short report got to me, the negative market sentiment got to me, all the negative news got to me. I had made up my mind that I was going to stick it out for at least another quarter to see if things got better.

The day that the stock dropped to $3.04, I caved. I sold it all at $3.23. I had an average of $8.50ish. Two weeks later, it's now trading at $10+.

I am my own worst enemy and I'm 100% taking the walk of shame on this one.

My biggest mistake was being too heavily invested in the company. Had I allocated less, I wouldn't have cared and wouldn't have sold.

Mooovin on... lol
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.