Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Really bad news. I on final written warning at work because I make production or accuracy at work. I see hr to see if I qualify for short term disabilty and transition to long term disablity because of my bipolar disorder.

I tried quitting my job 3 weeks ago but my friends at works talked me out of it.

Assets:

cds at cu # 1 various lengths $30K
Cds at cu # 2 $500 3 years 9 month left to maturity
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
cds at bank #1 2 500 cds

401k $130K
Roth Ira $68000
Rollover Ira $48000
Pension could take partial lump sum of $25000 and $95 monthly income
Brokerage Account $26000
HSA $820

Debts

Car loan $12725 4 years left $131 biweekly payment
Reward Visa #1 $2300
Non reward Visa #1 $110
cell phone bill $44
Car insurance every six month $660
AX: $0
Meds have to have
Risperdone 4 $21 for 30 pills
Carbamazine 200 $48 for 30 pills

Dr Visit for visit $75

Dads not charging for rent as long he alive
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm sorry to hear about your work problems. What specifically can we try to help you answer? Are you trying to figure out your budget after a loss of income?

Fuskie
Who notes if you have health insurance through your employer, you should have access to COBRA coverage but that could also be expensive...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Titan International (TWI), Time Warner (TWX), Global Payments (GPN)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: http://tinyurl.com/FoolCode
No. of Recommendations: 5
401k $130K
Roth Ira $68000
Rollover Ira $48000

If you take money from these and you aren't disabled, you will incur tax penalties, with the exception that you can take up to your contribution amount out of the Roth IRA.

Pension could take partial lump sum of $25000 and $95 monthly income

Before taking any lump sum from the pension, you need to understand the tax consequences, and put any money needed for taxes aside.

Brokerage Account $26000

Be sure to set aside money to cover any capital gains taxes if you dig into this.

HSA $820

Assuming that you gave the monthly cost for the meds, this will buy you 10 months worth of meds, plus a couple of doctor visits.

Car loan $12725 4 years left $131 biweekly payment
Reward Visa #1 $2300
Non reward Visa #1 $110

Once again, I will say - pay off the debts with your CDs and quit losing money to interest. You have over $30k in CDs vs. $15k in debts. The amount of interest you lose in breaking the CDs will probably be less than 3 months interest on the cards and car.

AJ
No. of Recommendations: 4
Really bad news. I on final written warning at work because I make production or accuracy at work. I see hr to see if I qualify for short term disabilty and transition to long term disablity because of my bipolar disorder.

I tried quitting my job 3 weeks ago but my friends at works talked me out of it.

How’re you doing MTR? What was the outcome of your meeting with HR? What do you plan to do next?

- Pam (concerned Fools want to know.)