Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Baffled by this one. Hoped to get more insight into what went wrong with TCDA. Instead I found stuff like this:

a) veverimer has a novel surrogate endpoint
b) there is little precedent for accelerated approval of cardio-renal drugs

Huh? FDA accepted the surrogate endpoint and now is... well...., not so accelerated

FDA determines that precedent is a factor in granting accelerated approval? This is an easy one. If precedent matters, don't grant accelerated approval in the first place.

Major disconnect between the bodies within FDA who grant breakthrough and accelerated status and the actual voting panels and TCDA is the middle, IMO.

TCDA data is among the most convincing I have seen in over 35 years of biotech investing. This isn't a TCDA problem, it's an FDA problem. I will hold for sure. Probably dead money for a year to two. Might buy more, but will wait another 24-48 hours until I can screw my head back on.

Cosmid
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.