Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Baltimore gave up 17.6 points/game. NE gave up 14.9, MUCH less at home. Let's face it. New England's defense is BETTER than Baltimore. There, I said it.

There's no question that everything the Pats have done this year vs. everything the Ravens have done this year supports this. That said, I'd still rather have the Ravens defense heading into the playoffs than the Pats defense. I don't know enough about the Pats to be able to see whether they can take their game to another level in the big games. But I do know the Ravens can.

People are gonna laugh at this, and I'm gonna catch flack for it, I know. But there are two teams in the post season that can beat the Ravens.
1) The Pats
2) The Ravens

Pats/Ravens will be a helluva game that as much as I'd love to see it as a football fan, scares the hell out of me as a Ravens fan. Anyone else, the ONLY way the Ravens will lose in the post-season is if they turn the ball over deep.

The 2000 Ravens allowed an average of just over 10 PPG in the regular season, and less than 6 per game in the post season. They can lift their performance again, and they will play shut down defense. My only two worries are that the offense gives the game away, or that the Pats can play better defense.

If the offense doesn't give the games away, and if the Pats don't play better defense, this team will win the Superbowl. Of that, I'm 100% certain.

- C -
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.