Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 18
Oh yeah.

Well, it's not Section 8 housing anymore, rather it's Housing Vouchers and assistance.

It's also more fun: Using taxes paid by Liberal working professionals, to hurt Liberal locales, and make a few bucks of income in the process.

It would be "racist" to investigate or complain about someone qualifying for housing vouchers because they are hiding their landscaping income (cash)

Rather, better to "reach out" to diverse groups and RENT THEM NICE HOUSING IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA. AND GET A PARTIALLY GOVERNMENT-GUARANTEED RENTAL OUT OF IT. Only a racist would 'profile' certain people.

Well folks, thanks to the taxpayers.

A lovely family is moving into Fairfax, VA this month on rental subsidy.

The fella who invested in this condo was very forward looking, I must say.

GOD BLESS THE GOVERNMENT AND PRESIDENT OBAMA AND LIBERALS.

I hear Rush is all in a tizzy about taxation on dividend income today.

Well, this low-income-writer DOESN'T CARE. Tax them yuppies Mr President...and expand the Housing Voucher Programs all over America!!!!!!

OBAMA 2012

JediG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Back in the day when I bought houses for rental property, I was lured into the Section 8 guarantee of getting paid every month by the government. I recall calling a previous landlord for a reference on a single sista who I was going to rent to and her previous landlord said to stay away from her because she trashed his house, had dope parties all night long and was operating a ho house. She was all sweet and candy nice to me when she filled out my application. My first impression was that she would be a good tenant. Needless to say I didn't rent it to her and given that this was typical for Sec. 8 dwellers, I decided not to rent to Sec. 8 candidates, give up the guaranteed monthly rent and take my own risk doing a better job at prequalifying potential renters. Saved myself a lot of headaches. I did rent to some very young nice married couples who were in need and were honest, decent people who respected the house and their neighborhood, and they paid their rent, and when they had struggles, I worked with them.

If you value your rental house, don't rent Section 8. It's a losing proposition. These low-lifes who are qualified for Section 8 hop from house-to-house because they get evicted for trashing the houses and ruining the neighborhoods. That's their lifestyle. And there is no punishment or accountabilty from the government when this happens. They are just poor victims of society. They jess wants dey free stuff.

These are the fruits of the the great society and liberalism.
" She was all sweet and candy nice to me when she filled out my application......... It's a losing proposition. These low-lifes who are qualified for Section 8 hop from house-to-house because they get evicted for trashing the houses and ruining the neighborhoods. That's their lifestyle. And there is no punishment or accountabilty from the government when this happens. They are just poor victims of society. They jess wants dey free stuff. "

They know all the 'hot buttons' to push, too.......they know exactly how to scam the system, make their 'history' vanish or come out clean.

Former landlords are reluctant to say much because they'll have endless paperwork about 'discrimination' or 'defamation'.....from the gov't...... and same for you after the 'renters' leave if you don't give them a clean bill of health.

Worse, you're responsible for everything. even if they don't clean the house, don't throw out garbage and the roaches and bugs move in, when they call to complain about roaches, you spend hundreds getting rid of them, and they are back in 3 months since they won't even throw the garbage more than 2 feet out the back door, when they even do that.

Plus, magically, while you rent to one or two, before you know it, there are 3 or 4 or 6 'visiting' there full time.....with extra cars.....

It's a disaster from day one, unless, of course, you got slum properties and can be a slum landlord. Better yet if you have a 'complex' where you have some 'enforcers' who hold things down a bit.

The Sec 8 renters have ZERO sense of responsibility.....won't fix anything themselves.....break things and expect you to fix doors they put their fists through..or walls.....or windows.....they accidentally 'shot out'....

Don't do it.

t.
there's ups and downs on everything.

Granted, this is my 1st Section 8. I'm only doing one so I can learn the ups and downs.

I'll report back in awhile..............but I feel the tenants I have in place will pay.

Because they EASILY have the money.

There's 3 people living there....

1.)1 is a trained Lifeguard, he's worked the same Country Club for 6 years.

2.)1 is a 'house manager' for a family with a 10,000 sq foot house. She's been with them 10 years. Perfect credit rating, her employers rave about her. (Whether they pay her by cash or not is not my business...she's an oppressed minority)

3.)1 is "unemployed" and again, I'm not an old-white-gray-haired Republican to dig into the possibility that he does rather profitable landscaping on the side, but shows NO income. #2 might have some of that going on too but again, I don't profile, I'm a Liberal.

So what I have is folks who QUALIFY for Section 8, without the baggage that goes with it.

Their kids will do well in the Fairfax Public School system, as I'm sure the English-As-2nd-Language program will continue to get beefed up, while extra-curricular activities for obsolete American kids will continue to be CUT CUT CUT.

If the rental payment pan out, it's a small trophy for me to add to my collection of HOW I BECAME A LIBERAL AND LEARNED TO PROFIT FROM IT, volume 923

Obama 2012

JediG
No. of Recommendations: 7
Hi Tele...

I did it already. It's done.

Just one unit.

And if you read the bio-data i just posted, perhaps you'll see why I did it.

I gotta see if it works.

I'm obsessed with using Liberalism to punish Liberals, AND profit at the same time.

Every unit I've rented thus far has been perfect rent, and has added people to a Liberal township. People who pay NO income tax, yet use more of the public services.

and I frigging love it.

My niche that's worked so far...........

1.)Latino families WITH school-kids. (3bed 1.5 bath units in Fairfax, VA, Obamaville)

2.)Latino families who want to help a friend or family member get settled down. (Small homes with a retrofitted liveable garages are awesome for this purpose) Also in Fairfax, VA

3.)*I love this one*

Foreign students here to study. This is in Raligh, NC in the Cary-Wake County Research triangle. As part of the deal, I'm providing a very effective immigration attorney to help them get legal residency.
(Liberal racists HATE skilled immigrants. The same Libs wanting to legalize 10 million ILLEGALS, don't want competition for yuppy jobs so they HATE skilled immigrants. If I can help a few people stay in America and get good jobs, victory.

Obsessed!

JediG
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm obsessed with using Liberalism to punish Liberals, AND profit at the same time.

Every unit I've rented thus far has been perfect rent, and has added people to a Liberal township. People who pay NO income tax, yet use more of the public services.
------------------------------------------------
You're like a conservative Cloward & Piven <g>.
I have only one Section 8 unit and the tenants pay on time every month. They keep the property clean and neat. In fact, the tenant wife is my on-site manager, for which I give her a $50 credit.

Not all Section 8 tenants are bums, but many of them are.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Oh yeah.

Well, it's not Section 8 housing anymore, rather it's Housing Vouchers and assistance.

It's also more fun: Using taxes paid by Liberal working professionals, to hurt Liberal locales, and make a few bucks of income in the process.

Jedi

Getting into the spirit for Jedi.

I live near a wealthy Pittsburgh suburb now popuplated chiefly by academics and lawyers - all Obama voters of course. This suburb prides itself on its fine public schools. The problem is that the suburb lacks diversity. Only 1% of the population is of African descent (and these are 'oreo cookies') and I suspect there are even fewer Hispanics. I feel that the liberal academics and liberal lawyers in that wealthy suburb with its fine old homes and manicured lawns need to experience some diversity up close and personal. Time for housing vouchers in that hood. That school district is too white and liberals should be enraged at that fact. <g>

They should be able to fit three or four Hispanic families into some of those large old stately homes and these homes have plenty of yard space available for old junker cars to be put up on concrete blocks (no overnight on-street parking permitted in that suburb).

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 6
tele
The Sec 8 renters have ZERO sense of responsibility.....won't fix anything themselves.....break things and expect you to fix doors they put their fists through..or walls.....or windows.....they accidentally 'shot out'....

Don't do it.

t.

When I was 23, I accepted a software development job at the Dallas Housing Authority. I was not exactly excited about the job. But it was close to SMU where I was doing my post college decathlon training and they had flex hours so I could leave early and head to the track on campus.

As part of the orientation for new employees, I went on a day tour to see some of the housing projects and section 8 areas. While on the bus, the tour guide was hyping up a section 8 housing development in a southern suberb of Dallas. She was talking about how housing authority employees that make under 28k should look into it because of the advantages terms to get into a home. I don't remember the details, but apparantly you could buy an inexpensive house with favorable financing.

This was my 1st exposure to gov't work so she had me thinking on the way to the development that it could work for me and my young family.
DW and I were currently saving up a downpayment for our 1st home.

How incredibly naive I was.

When we got there, they showed us the model home. Not bad. Then we drove around the neighborhood. Looked a lot like other homes built in the 1960's - 1970's. But, they looked awful. Run down. Lawns not mowed. The schools and parks looked like something out of the ghetto. Many homes had bars on the windows.

Ya, the houses may have been nice when they were built. But the people who lived there were trash. It was another pathetic waste of tax payer resources.

decath
Please do not refer to one of my tiny yet important sources of income as 'pathetic waste of taxpayer money'

:)

Thank you.

JediG
No. of Recommendations: 1
L.O.V.E. it!!!!

I too have only one Section 8 unit in my port... but can envision at least one of my other units going that way when it turns over...

LOVE the newfound vision Jedi... I am on board!
Dave