No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have the Bank of America "MyAccess" checking account? If
so, how do you like it?

In your opinion, how does it compare with Wells Fargo Free Checking?
Print the post Back To Top
Hi GoCowboys,

When I was working in California I setup a MyAccess account. I had previously had a Maryland BofA account, but the CA and MD systems are incompatible.

I really do like this account. It's free online banking and Bill Pay (via CheckFree I believe) and gives the options of E-bills with no minimum blance as well as long as there is an ACH into your account during the billing cycle. Also, contrary to most reports, the account reps were very helpful at BofA with issues like replacing my debit card (it came unmagetized). Now that I've moved back to the East Coast, I was worried about losing this account since there's no BofA in my area, but while I was visiting friends in VA, a branch of the VA was helpful setting up the account there.

As for Wells Fargo, I've never used them, although I did have a bit of a tiff with Norwest bank before they were bought out by WF, so I'll never bank there.

Chris
(Go Giants!)
Had one a while ago. While living in AZ, they set up my account out of VA. Don't ask my why. It was a hassle trying to find the right number to call for customer service.

Also, I signed up for Quicken access, then stopped using it. Little did I know, they charged $5.95 a month for it. When I called to complain, they took it off though.

Also, I closed the account back in January, but I still receive statements. I called to verify that the account is closed and it really is. The sales rep said she didn't know why I was still getting paper statements.

I have a checking account with B of A, I don't remember which one. I do know that I have direct deposit, and with that said I have free checking, including BillPay, which I've been very happy with.

My girlfriend has a Wells Fargo checking account, has direct deposit, and had to pay a monthly fee for the online Billpay service. She frequently comments that she should switch to B of A, especially since there are far more B of A ATMs in our area than Wells Fargo ATMs (Southern California).

Best of luck!

- Jason