Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I applied to open a Boomer Checking account with Bank of Internet with an initial deposit of $500 last week and Friday I received an email from them saying that they couldn't accept my application because they couldn't verify my address.

I have been at this address for 4+ years and it's on all 3 credit reports and on just about everything else as well...

Do y'all know what's up with that? I placed a call to BoI to a guy named Dave who handles the web apps and he's supposed to call me back. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with them??

Thanks...
AMY
Print the post Back To Top
Do y'all know what's up with that? I placed a call to BoI to a guy named Dave who handles the web apps and he's supposed to call me back. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with them??

Amy,

Did you have to supply a photocopy of your driver's license that included your address?

ShelbyBoy
Re: Did I have to send them a copy of my license...

No...I completed just the initial step which was to submit the online app. I figured they'd just checked my credit report(s) to verify the everything including the address. But what bothers me is why didn't they ask for address verification like a copy of my driver's license..instead of a flat-out refusal??

I'm still waiting for Dave to call me back...if I don't hear from him in a few hours I'll call him again...patience with something like this that could be easily resolved is NOT my best virtue!

Thanx,
AMY
No. of Recommendations: 3
Ok y'all...problem resolved...I hope!

Just received a call back from Dave (very nice young man by the way)...he said that via email he would send me an Address Verification Letter that I had to fill out and return to him along with a copy of my driver's license and a copy of account proof from another bank. He would then verify my address and notify me of the new account approval.

When I asked why both my addresses I supplied on the app weren't used in the verification process, Dave told me that BoI doesn't like to open an account using a PO BOX, and that they use the mailing address for address verification...I told Dave that it would have been nice if that was stated somewhere on the app. I also asked him why my app was flat out denied when they could have even attached the Address Verification Letter to the deniel email in the first place....he said that it was just policy and that was the way it was done.

Just thought I'd let y'all know about this just in case it happens to someone else.

Thanx,
AMY
Just received a call back from Dave (very nice young man by the way)...he said that via email he would send me an Address Verification Letter that I had to fill out and return to him along with a copy of my driver's license and a copy of account proof from another bank.

Question for those who have opened online accounts. Is it common for an online bank to ask for proof of an account at another bank? Do they go as far as asking for a bank routing number and your account number?

ShelbyBoy
Amy,

Funny, your story isn't the first time I have heard of this sort of thing happening. I know one of our "regulars" (who has a stellar banking record), here had some trouble opening an account at First Internet Bank for similar reasons.

Thoughts??

SJJ