No. of Recommendations: 1
Chicago Tribune | Bank One alters online paying:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0403300236mar30,1,6822323.story?coll=chi-business-hed

That's interesting that they would do that....my bank used to do it this way...taking the money out of my account either 5 or 2 days before the date. 5 if they cut a check and 2 if it is ACH.

They then switched to Checkfree....and now they take it out on the (due) date. Unless they opt to cut a check to draw from your account...then it works like any other check you write.

I can see how it could get dangerous making this change. There have been a couple of times where I've had to rely on the timing of when they debit my account for an online bill payment and when my payroll direct deposit takes place.

Payroll deposit shows in my account about 8 hours before the debit for bill pay does....

I hate when I have to use the timing to avoid going under (though I do have auto transfer so I wasn't too worried....) Just bad scheduling a bigger snowball than I should've.... But I'll be finished in a couple of months....

The Dreamer.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.