Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Bankersfate, just realized I ignored your question about DTV!! Didn't mean to, I'm sorrry

I owned DTV prior to merger. The T merger for DTV is an interesting arb, but I haven't tracked it closely since I sold out DTV... I didn't want to just hang on and change my thesis into an arb...

Regarding Fairfax, yeah, I think Q1 was a good chance to lighten up or reduce completely if it wasn't a high confidence position. There were a few pops around the Brit merger deal that seemed like panic buying without a real rationale. Fairfax continues to bet on deflation and market panics and while they will do ok if those things don't come to pass, I think they are drawing a line in the sand and betting enough money that the more optimistic will be inclined to move on when they can sell at good prices.

As an update to this thread, I did start adding back NICK last week and this week... built the position back smaller though.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.