Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Banks, Investment companies, CC companies all would like us to go "paperless". That means you get to print out your statements yourself. In my case, I would be using very expensive "photo" inks.

I have opted not to go paperless, even though I pay my CC charges/bills online and look at my bank and investment statements online. I just want to have the paper in hand and I don't want to print it. I did go paperless with my investment statements. They will send me the year end statement in paper. I am pleased with that.

For safety, I took out a P O Box this year when I got a new mail man who was delivering my mail all over town. And guess what? I received mail in my P O Box belonging to other people!!!
You can't win.

Biggest problem with paper statements is you now have to shred everything. I find that time consuming and annoying. I especially hate those "checks" I never asked for. But all CC statements eventually have to be shredded, along with old bank statements.

I do wonder, if GodForBid you are audited, and you are paperless, how do you get your past statements?? Of course, going paperless, you may save a tree.

It is all part of technology to make life easier for us LOL. I cannot complain, I love technology.

Happy New Year

~Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.