No. of Recommendations: 0
Barak0 wrote:
The mix currently it stands at:

Guaranteed Interest ------ 8.28% -------- Stable
Large Cap Stk Index ------ 23.35% ------- Moderate
Medium Company Blend ----- 28.46% ------- Agressive
Small Company Blend ------ 27.84% ------- Agressive
International Stock ------ 12.07% ------- Dynamic

I am also in the process of reallocating, with my back against the April 15th wall. First thing I would check is what is the stock/bond blend of the small and medium cap funds. Some calculators say as little as 0% bonds, some as much as 20% for a young, agressive investor. I am looking at 15%, and I am including in that calculation the average bond portion of blended and balanced funds. You could even subdivide that into short and long term bonds if you want.

For my stocks, I am dividing the remaining 85% to put 20% in international stocks (10% snall/med cap, 10% large cap if I can), about 36% in large cap, and the remaining 24% in small/med cap. Both could be split between growth and value goals. The final 5% will likely go into a high risk emerging market fund.

BTW, as I am getting into direct stock investing, I will be including those accounts as well as my 401K, Roth, non-deferred, and savings positions. This way I diversity my allocation across the entire portfolio, rather than treat individuall accounts independently.
It's a lot of work, but I hope it will pay off in the long run.

DWD
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.