Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Barcoo
Not sure whether you would be interested but Campbell Bros Ltd (CPB) is an interesting company. They have a steady soap and industrial chemical business which provides a good profit and dividend. The other part of their business is in providing analytical laboratory services. It is this part which I find interesting. For some time now they have been aquiring laboratory service companyes around the world until now they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, in the world.
These labs provide a service to the mining industry and Campbell's, I am sure, are waiting until they are big enough when they will then push up the price of their services. I can see no other reason for them to aquire so many of these labs around the world.
I first bought into Campbells a couple of years ago when the price was around $4.50 it stagnated around the $5 mark when I bailed out.
Since then I notice the price has risen to around $6 which may indicate that the company is at last beginning to move.
It is one of the companies I will be looking at in a couple of months.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.