Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
This is kind of disappointing. My limited foray into e-books wasn't all that encouraging anyway, I must say. I purchased an e-book from contentlink.com, installed the Adobe Reader software, brought up the book, only to discover that it wasn't going to let me print it. I understand the reasoning, but come on. I legimitally paid for the thing. I should be able to make a print out. Needless to say, the e-book is still sitting on my computer, unread. In the meanwhile, I've read through 4 or 5 regular print books.

Barnes & Noble.com Ends E-Book Sales
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&ncid=528&e=7&u=/ap/20030909/ap_on_en_ot/publishing_e_book_shutdown

Barnes & Noble.com, once an aggressive competitor in the electronic market, stopped selling e-books Tuesday, citing both limited sales and limited technology.

"We did not see sales take off as we and many others had anticipated," Daniel Blackman, vice president and general manager of Barnes & Noble.com, said Tuesday.

"The other factor is that consumers haven't embraced the technology. There isn't widespread adoption of an affordable and an easy to use e-book device."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.