No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey Bob,

Just a bit of a rant here. I used to be a HUGE ball fan. I mean I knew all the stats for the Jays, former Jays and people I wanted the Jays to get. I had a great run in the early 1990s (hey two World Series, what can I say) and then came the strike. I couldn't believe it (especially with Montreal poised to make a run for it).

The thing that stuck with me most was the players saying they deserved more of the profits. Well, last I checked the players' salaries were pretty much guaranteed yet the owners, who ponied up millions of dollars for the team, weren't entitled to any sort of guarantee.

Now I know most owners didn't buy the team for the money but more for the stature, but still, someone who invests half a billion shouldn't have the players robbing from him.

Since the strike I have not watched one complete game of baseball. Not one in something like 10 years. I don't know any of the players anymore (except the "oldtimers") and don't care. I was hoping the baseball players would strike again last year (was it last year or the year before?) just so that MLB could fold and rebuild with proper cost controls in place.

The game needs to be revamped otherwise attendance is just going to continue to drop. It is nuts that it costs US$228 to take the family to a Red Sox games! That's criminal (especially considering it's the Sox)!

Anyway...end of rant

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.