Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm trying to determine if my daughter needs to file a Georgia state income tax return. I'm at the Georgia revenue site, have entered a question on the search query and no information comes up.

We have searched all around. She checked an ex-pat website and Georgia doesn't appear to be one of those states that requires a US citizen who works overseas to file an income tax return. She lives overseas ~11 months out of the year. In fact, it appears that she is considered a non-resident. Does that make sense or seem correct?

Also, she has found out that she needs to file a 2555 form to report foreign income under $92,900 to the feds.

Is that all she has to do?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.