No. of Recommendations: 0
I watched a video this a.m. about a looming stock market crash following secret meeting on DEC 1. and started googling the name TED BAUMAN and it seems he's been pitching his crash theory since May 2018. secret meeting date keeps slipping AUG.1.... DEC.1. So, my initial take away is it's BS.
Except.....
the questions: WAS 1929 stock market crash due to stock buy backs?; Were they outlawed and then loop holed (Rule10-18B)? If so, How many big companies are practicing it and could it cause a crash eventually even if it isn't made illegal again. HOW long can any given CEO continue this shady practice in theory?
Even if we're foolishly invested, when a crash hits everybody takes some measure of a hit. I've been wondering about all the CEOs being asked what they'd do with their tax cuts gains and most said they'd buy back stocks over reinvesting in the business.
SO, in a nut shell, what real and whats memorex?
and is there cause for concern?
Leeseesooka
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.