Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
i am retired and have some cash i would like to invest in MAIN...i am concerned on the tax side of

the investment....do i get a 1099 or a K1 or something else? Do these show up at the same time as

1099's or when hell freezes over like the K1's...i have owned llc's before but not currently.

any other tax advice that addresses BDC's would be helpfull

thanks in advance!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
i am retired and have some cash i would like to invest in MAIN...i am concerned on the tax side of

the investment....do i get a 1099 or a K1 or something else? Do these show up at the same time as

1099's or when hell freezes over like the K1's...i have owned llc's before but not currently.

Since you want to invest in the company, I would suggest that you go look at the investor relations section of the company's website and see if you can figure out the answers to the questions that you are asking.

AJ
No. of Recommendations: 1

any other tax advice that addresses BDC's would be helpfull

thanks in advance!

Per "MAIN's" 10-K the company has elected to be taxed as a REIT. that means you will be getting a 1099-DIV from them, generally late.
cgrinder -

I hold MAIN in a taxable investment account. The dividends/income received is reported each year on a consolidated 1099 provided by my brokerage company. No K-1. Typically, the consolidated 1099 is provided by Jan. 31st each year, and sometimes corrected later in February or early March. The corrections have never been related to the MAIN holdings.

I don't know what your reference to "BDC" stands for ...not sure if that is a separate question...so can't respond to that.

Hope this is helpful.

MakingTrax
I don't know what your reference to "BDC" stands for ...not sure if that is a separate question...so can't respond to that.

+++
+++

I believe he is referring to Business Development Companies (BDC).

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bdc.asp

I have owned several & have always received 1099s.

sunrayman