Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Be brave, go swimming in one of the lakes. We did at Horseshoe Lake. The jump in is a shock, but if you swim at the surface the thermalcline is really pleasant in late summer.

A fun memory ...

When I was in the army I was stationed in Vicenza, Italy. (Northern Italy) (Yeah, I know tough duty.)

One weekend I took a trip to Lake Garda. IIRC, it was in May. I watched a group of German kids, maybe on school holiday, fooling around on a pier. Apparently one guy wanted them to go swimming. Now, I did not speak German at that time, but I could almost tell what they were saying. The others all said it would be too cold. So he says, "I will go in the water!" and they all dared him to. So he jumped off the pier into the lake, which is fed by melting glaciers. That was a very short swim! The others all laughed at him for being foolish. I learned to never dare a German to do anything. They had to help him out of the water.

CNC
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.